Final project evaluation for improved cookstove (ICS) dissemination and promotion intervention in Tigray and SNNPR regions of Ethiopia
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ)
The project was designed to improve the livelihoods of rural households in the selected Woredas of SNNPR and Tigray regional states with the following overall and specific objectives. The primary objective of the project is to contribute to the regional Climate Resilient Green Economy (CRGE) strategy in SNNPR and Tigray and to improve the livelihood of rural households by providing access to energy-efficient cookstoves technologies. The general objective of the evaluation was to provide an independent, systematic, and objective assessment on how far the intervention project of ICS dissemination and promotion has met its stated goal and objectives.
Description of Actual Services Provided
- Developed evaluation tools and a work plan.
- Organized evaluation tasks for data collectors and estimated the associated cost and time required to complete each activity.
- Used primary and secondary data sources and adopted data collection approaches including desk review, observation, focus group discussion, and key informant interviews.
- Developed a report of the findings and highlighted challenges, lessons learned, and a recommendation for further scaling up of the project.
- Reported the findings, documented the best practices and lessons learned during the project implementation cycle in the form of narrative and case stories. The narratives were showcasing the changes and impacts brought out by the project in light of market development and sustainability of the project outcomes.
- Identified and documented possible opportunities for collaboration emerging from the project, including attained synergies.